[3830] RTTY Roundup AA4LR Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 7 21:51:37 EST 2007

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA

Total:  503  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 20  Total Score = 37,222

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S/A743 at 15m high (40-10m)
Shunt-fed 15m tower (80m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100
Ameritron AL-80A
Ancient Toshiba laptop
N1MM software with MMTTY

Comments:

Just a part time effort here. Ran about 300-500 watts with the amp, and about
200 watts on 80m -- the shunt matching network can't really take much more than
this. I don't normally do high power, but on RTTY the K2/100 can only manage
about 35 watts out without overheading. Certainly makes contacts easier.

This was mostly a run-fest for me. I probably could have found more mults with
S & P.

Still, this is a personal best for the RTTY Round-up.