[3830] RTTY Roundup K4RO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 7 23:33:23 EST 2007

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN

Total: 1519  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 62  Total Score = 183,799

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Wow, that was the most fun I've had in front of the radio in a long time.
Last year, I had a broken rotator, a broken computer and no functional SO2R
setup for RTTY. This year, everything in the station was repaired and working
at full capacity. N1MM worked great running SO2R on a single soundcard in
stereo mode.

The RTTY RoundUp has all the ingredients for a great time. We get to work
anyone on all bands for rate rate rate. We get to chase DX for multipliers,
without having to have a superstation to be DX competitive on all bands.
It's also the ultimate SO2R contest, for those so inclined. The time format
introduces some strategy, and is achievable by many operators.  This was my
first full-time effort in an RTTY contest with SO2R, and it's really fun!

Congrats to all the fine operators who make RTTY contests so enjoyable.
See you in the next one.

73

-Kirk  K4RO