[3830] RTTY Roundup K6GEP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 9 12:49:04 EST 2007

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ORG

Total:  210  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 9  Total Score = 11,340

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first RTTY Roundup, and my 2nd major RTTY contest.

20M was packed on Saturday afternoon.  Many signals on top of one another.

Like everyone else said, no Europe, and I only worked 1 JA.  ZX2B had a
booming signal, but I didn't hear any LUs.  I had hoped for better openings
on 15 (or 10), but just didn't happen.

My best DX was YL8M on 40M at midnight local time.

80M was the biggest surprise.  My multiband dipole works better on 80
closer to the ground.

I'm definately hooked on RTTY contesting.

The N3FJP software worked well with the K7RE RTTY software, but there
is room for improvement on doing a dupe check on a callsign.