[3830] NAQP CW N6WG Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 14 01:19:48 EST 2007

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA

  160:   45     9
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  308   106  Total Score = 32,648

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 5

Comments:

Conditions seemed poorer than last year, but I almost equalled
my score from last year.  Even in these conditions, I was able
to break 300 Qs (308) and 30K points (32648).
I really enjoyed being able to steal the contact from other bigger
stations in a pileup.  Doesn't happen often, but great fun when
it does.
I was surprised at the number of states that appeared to be
"no shows".  I hope others were able to work them.  Big chunks
of the mults list on each band were still there, unworked at
the end of the contest.  I had to QRT at 0530Z because I had
not used enough off time along the way.
I had more Qs on 80 and 160 this year, and more mults on 80
as well.  I was using my 160m top loaded vertical as a top-
loaded half wave vertical on 80m, and it seemed to do pretty
well.  I think it's a keeper.
Now to figure out what to do about the upcoming ssb NAQP.
I'll work it as well as I can.
Thanks for all the Qs.  Hope to see everyone in the next
contest.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude