[3830] NAQP CW N5AW/0 Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 18 11:36:25 EST 2007

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N5AW/0
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW/0

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): ~3

Total:  225   103  Total Score = 23,175

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Tacos

Comments:

Not exactly my best showing. Arrived at our Colorado vacation home late
Wednesday. Beautiful day Thursday but decided to wait until Friday to put up my
antenna - a G5RV strung from the peak of the house to a nearby tree. Friday the
weather was miserable - cold and rain mixed with ice pellets so decided to wait
until Saturday morning. Mistake. Overnight we had over a foot of snow and still
coming down. So Saturday I finally get the antenna up 15 minutes after the
contest starts. Make 50 Q's in the first 45 minutes but then I have to take the
XYL to the grocery store (still snowing). On the way home I manage to slide into
the ditch. I spend two hours trying to get it out with out success (even with
the help of a neighbor). I decide to abandon the car for the warmth of the
neighbor's house and a glass of wine. End up operating less than 4 hours.

The good news - another neighbor with a bigger vehicle pulled me out of the
ditch Sunday.

Marv, N5AW/0
Pagosa Springs, CO