[3830] NAQP SSB K6GEP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 21 01:39:26 EST 2007

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

Total:  203    89  Total Score = 18,067

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

Much better condix than NAQP CW.  Much more fun. Made my 200 QSO goal.
40m and 80m were about as quiet as I've ever heard them.
No atmospheric noise, not much power line noise, and no local RFI.

Nice to see 15 open with spotlight propagation,  but I wish I had a better
antenna to take advantage of it.  20 was fairly congested.  I missed some very
large state multipliers on 20. No CO, WI or FL (in addition to the usual rare
ones)?  I usually work about a dozen CO stations on 20.

Had a short run going on 40 tonight to push me toward my goal.

Rig:  FT-990
Ant:  Alpha Delta multiband dipole - inverted vee, 20 ft at apex.
Software:  N3FJP