[3830] NAQP SSB NX9T Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 21 07:53:12 EST 2007

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: NX9T
Operator(s): NX9T
Station: NX9T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC

  160:    0     0
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  513   118  Total Score = 60,534

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

I had to "negotiate" w/the xyl to operate this contest, but am pleased that the
"half contest" (5 hours) went as well as it did.  For the time on, I was able
to maintain a rate of approximately 100/hour. So while I will set no records
and be in the middle of the listings, it was a great outing for me, all things
considered.  I missed out on a lot of low hanging fruit by exiting the contest
around 7:30p and not being able to take in the multitudes on 75m and
sacrificing needed mults there as well as on 160m. However, the family is happy
(it was "movie night") and that will allow my participating in future contests
to continue!  It's always great fun to run in to so many old friends and
familiar calls.  That is one of the things I enjoy about SSB contests, for me,
there is much more of an opportunity to be friendly and engage in a quick chat
(with old friends and the obvious non-contesters who are just getting their
feet wet a little in our world).

Thanks to all.  NAQP is a lot of fun....you all make it that way for each of
us!  See you in upcoming tests on 160m, etc...

73,
Jeff NX9T
www.qsl.net/nx9t