[3830] NAQP SSB VE6EX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 21 14:02:16 EST 2007

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: VE6EX
Operator(s): VE6EX
Station: VE6EX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Calgary

Total:  278   140  Total Score = 38,920

Club: ALBERTA  CLIPPERS

Team:

Comments:

My Fellow NA'ers:
   Wow!! was that fun. I was supposed to go skiing with a fellow group of ski
bums (our family) but they all moaned out cuz of lousy wx. Those ski hill web
cams are bad for business!!!. Sooooo
   I got on for a few hours with my super MOJO rig, A Yaesu, all tubes and
heat
     ****FTdx 401**** with ultra flat sucked in finals (100w if lucky/on a good
day). This was a SK garage sale deal for 15 bux and cash and carry. Also of
course, this was with my Hallicrafters super clear giant loud speaker (the
prewar one with the big silver "H" on the front). Hand mike and frantic left
hand/one handed logging. Don't worry, yer' all in the log...I did a bit of 160
on the regular rig near the end. All my usual city lot antennas.
   Well!!, You all heard it; this is one serious SSB radio!!! A good whack of
MOJO goes a long ways goes to show.
   Thanks for the Q's (and of course the spots) I did my best.
   Dan, VE6EX..