[3830] NAQP SSB KC4HW Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 22 07:51:11 EST 2007

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AL

Total:  270   102  Total Score = 27,540

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: Alabama Contest Group Team #2

Comments:

Used the Tribander fixed NNW and it worked pretty good on 20M.  I really never
looked ON 10 or 15 meters.  Just figured it was to late when I got on at almost
2253Z.  The 40M delta played pretty good.  I repositioned the 80M sloper and it
seem to work better.  Lots of noise on 80 it seemed.  The dipole work pretty
good on 160M, but noise was the issue.  I could ESP copy some station calling
but could not get it.  Had several on 80M the same.  Got to get the receiving
antenna up before I can get serious on those bands.

I had a good time and tryed to take a little more casual approach with the
contest. I made some pretty good contacts throughout the contest.

I did make some more progress on the Rohn 25.  Got all the parts sorted out for
the 10M and 15M antennas.  Need to purchase a couple of damaged parts, but
anticipated that delay.  Also installed the first guy assembly bracket with
torque arms on the Rohn 45.  Really just poke around most of the day doing some
of the little stuff that is required to make this come together.

Had fun in the contest, thanks to everyone for the QSOs!

73

Jim/KC4HW