[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1RJA(WZ1V) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 22 08:40:40 EST 2007

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: W1RJA
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: W1RJA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31mp

  1.2:   38    13
  2.3:   11     6
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  668   112  Total Score = 117,824

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Put our clubs' callsign on the air for the first time in any contest.
Only wish it could have been a better showing, but am lucky to be
on the air at all after last July's lightning disaster.
Cons: No 903. Saturday was a waste of a heartbeat with antennas and
power lines snapping in the wind. 2M preamp blew out Sunday.
Pros: Wind finally calmed Sunday. Down East Microwave's latest design
25W 1296 transverter worked extremely well mast-mounted!
Mistakenly applied 600W of IF drive to it due to a wiring error
on my part and it still worked! N2CEI is a genius!
Thanks to everyone who braved getting on the air, and especially
to all the Rovers and Portable ops who braved the elements.
-73, Ron WZ1V