[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K2DBK Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 22 15:28:31 EST 2007

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: K2DBK
Operator(s): K2DBK
Station: K2DBK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN21xb
Operating Time (hrs):

    2:   37     7
  222:
  432:   13     4
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  142    24  Total Score = 3,720

Club: 10-70 Repeater Association

Comments:

With all the wind Saturday, I had an awful lot of noise in a normally quiet
environment, which really made things tough. On top of that, apparently someone
in the neighborhood was using something that was creating a ton of QRN. (I
initially thought it was coming from inside my house, and actually put the rig
on battery and turned off the main breaker to see if it helped; unfortunately,
it didn't.) Thanks to all the "regulars" in the area who worked me and thanks
to the N1MM voice keyer for saving my voice!

Rig: 6m:      Icom 756 Pro II & KB6KQ loop
     2m/70cm: Icom 706 MkIIG & Comet GP-15 vertical