[3830] NAQP SSB K4NLX(@K4SDJ) M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 22 16:11:02 EST 2007

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K4NLX
Operator(s): K4SDJ, W4SWJ, KT4ZB, K4WP, W4WTO
Station: K4SDJ

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: SAVANNAH, GA

   15:   12     5
Total:  319    82  Total Score = 26,158

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

NAQP is always great fun and this year we did a skake-down of Sue (K4SDJ) and
Steve (W4SWJ) Jonas' station.  They have just added new equipment, including an
ICON 756 Pro3 and PW-1 amp along with a number of accessories.  Steve has
learned the age old Ham maxum "that when you fix one thing, two others pop up"!
 So, naturally we were late getting on the air after changing out some coax.
However we accomplished the main goals of finding the station bugs, getting
on-the-air experience for casual contesters and having a real good time. By the
time everyone was comfortable with S&P and short runs, we were on 80m where
conditions were supurb and we held our own.  Thanks to Steve and Sue for the
great food and station, to Coastal Amateur Radio Society for the club call, to
all who made contacts (including SECC'ers NQ4I, WW4LL, K4BAI, K4ZZI, N4PN &
others) plus a special thank you to Ed, W4MMQ, who has spent hours mentoring
Steve on how to build a great general purpose station.  Best to all - Jere,
KT4ZB