[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K2AXX Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 22 22:33:44 EST 2007

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: K2AXX
Operator(s): K2AXX
Station: K2AXX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN12cs

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  404   142  Total Score = 77,106

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

Was iced all week prior. The 222 yagi looked like a banana it was so loaded, the
2M9SSBs were even bowing a bit. Fortunately it melted enough so the VSWR became
acceptable again. Saturday was tough, not much in the way of enhancement, so
every QSO was earned. Sunday, conditions improved and helped the grid totals.
Didn't intend to spend as much time contesting as I did - just had to work that
ONE EXTRA FSK441 station...(til 2:30am). Still had dinner with the family, went
sledding Sunday afternoon and other such fun.

Highlights:
-4 Grids on 144MHz via EME (5 QSOs - one dupe grid...unreal)
-Working VA3CDD/R and VE3WCC/R on 2m while they were mobile in FN25.
-Running 4 bands with K2TER/R in under 1 min. and others in under 2 min.

Lowlights:
-Not having 903 and up anymore.
-Not having a DX Doubler. Switching headsets & keyers between 2 radios sucks.
-Drink spillage when switching headsets...
-Local activity in Rochester is down. Hopefully it's a trend we can reverse...

Nice working everyone, looking forward to June, August and September.

-Mark, K2AXX

50MHz: IC-756 + 4CX250B Amp (300w) + 7el @ 65'
144MHz: IC-746Pro + FAA Amp (350w) + 4 x 2M9SSB (az-el) @ 32'
222MHz: IC-756 + MMT Xvtr + FAA amp (350w) + 222-7WL @ 70'