[3830] CQ160 CW VE7SQ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 16:11:40 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE7SQ
Operator(s): VE7SQ
Station: VE7SQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 293  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 4  Total Score = 77,440

This is the 2nd really serious contest I have operated in 35 years and at 65 I
am enjoying it emmensely. I think I am getting a serious addiction to this
contesting. The 160 meter band was in good shape with many stations on and who
said CW was dead. I was having trouble finding a clear spot to send CQ, the
band was very congested most of the time. I thought some of the hams would go
to bed and give me an clear freq, but that didn't happen, so it was very busy
all through the night. The early mornings went very long with signals coming in
from China, Japan and Russia. Didn't hear any Europeans though but heard
stations working them. I need to put up some large arrays for the next time and
hope for better propagation. It would be nice to work Europe on 160m. One thing
I must do is get a better sleep pattern for these contests, I had an qso entry
lapse of 2 hours when I fell asleep in the chair, I wonder how many Q's I could
have had if I was awake, hi. Had lots of fun and looking forward to the next
contest. 73 to all and to those that participated.