[3830] CQ160 CW N2WN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 19:51:27 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Grainger County

Total:  QSOs = 833  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 36  Total Score = 204,204

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Well the antennas stayed up this time, although the wind was brutal Saturday
night (actually pretty stiff right now). I'm greatful that I didn't have Brian
VE3MGY's problems (good job, nice signal!). Learned something as well, the
simple wire antenna worked as well as the aluminum monstrousity (and a heck of
a lot easier to put up and keep up!) Tried using the 80M short beverage for Rx,
but I really prefer the 80M marconi (good S/N ratio IMHO)

Heard lotsa Elecrafters on, looks like some great scores (gg Tom k2ta!)

Had a great 30 minute run around 0600Z Sunday that coverd Europe, Alaska and
the Hawaii (a virtual plethora of HI ops!), and they all were excellent
signals! Added 8 new countries and one new zone, missed WAS this time (heard ND
in S&P never did hear ID!) There were a few signals that were too weak to copy
(not too many) all in all conditions were quiet and propagation was great.
Although I didn't work any, heard a few JA's, some were quite strong. With the
density of big signals at the low end of the band, it's  a challnge to pick out
the DX (MUCH more good DX out of the window than in it). Have yet to hear a VK
on the Top Band, and I know you're out there ;o)

Some new operators on CW (slowed down quite a bit for several) which is great
(welcome folks!) Sounded like there were signals clear to 1890 most evenings,
considering how crowded the band was it seemed to go smooth for all.

Thanks to all the DX for digging out my lil' signal and thanks to all the fine
ops for the QSOs!

Now on to ARRL DX CW heheh...

73,
Julius n2wn