[3830] CQ160 CW N6WG Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 20:40:42 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA

Total:  QSOs = 204  State/Prov = 32  Countries = 3  Total Score = 16,555

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This has been my favorite 160 cw contest, as it seems to have
the largest participation.  As always, I had to work for what
I gained, but it was fun trying.  I'm always chasing a better
score than I have made before.
I wonder if it was the weather that caused some states to be hard
to find.  I had large chunks of my mults list still standing
when the contest was over.  Sure would like to have worked a
few of those states.
Some stations seemed harder to work than in past contests.  I
suspect that our ambient background noise is gradually rising,
sort of like global warming.  Certainly my own seems to be
creeping up.  Eventually, only those stations with Beverage
antennas will be able to work anyone else :-)
I had two goals this outing, to break 200 Qs which I did with
204, and to beat my 2002 score of 13,790.  That won me first place
among California QRP stations.  Hope these 16555 points are good
enough to do it again.
Thanks to all for sticking with me to complete some pretty thin
QSOs.  It was fun making it work.
73 and See You in the Contest.
Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude