[3830] CQ160 CW K6NV Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 21:17:42 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K6NV
Operator(s): K6NV
Station: K6NV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Truckee, CA

Total:  QSOs = 299  State/Prov = 36  Countries = 3  Total Score = 26,949

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

By far, my best effort ever.  I need to keep reminding myself on these 160m
contests that Friday night needs the biggest effort, I got tired and bailed at
a little after mid-night.  Saturday night was a struggle for each q.  Could not
get a decent run going, seems I had already worked everyone.  Like the "Stew" I
had very few q's east of the rockies. Am also fighting a power line noise
problem here which I am sure makes me an alligator to some.  Going to start
thinking about a receive antenna.  I do like these 160m contests and always
have a good time.

Lineup:
FT-1000MP, AL-80b amp @ 1000w out (most of the time)
125' sloper