[3830] CQ160 CW K1EP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 21:44:05 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MA

Total:  QSOs = 689  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 20  Total Score = 127,050

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This contest started off great.  I was S&P for the first few minutes until I
found a place to run.  I had the rate meter in triple digits for most of the
first hour.  The first hour I had around 95, which for me is probably a
personal best.  I run low power to a stealth wire in a condo here.  The band
was quiet and there was a lot of activity.  I did notice that although my Q
rate was running maybe 10% or more higher than previous years, my mults were
down.  I eventually caught up, but I was lacking a lot of DX.  I heard many EU
stations that just could not hear us.  Now, being LP with a stealth antenna
doesn't say much, but I recall trying to work a station when KC1XX was.  The DX
didn't even hear KC1XX and when they did, had to ask for several fills.  All
along, they were at least an S6 or 7 here.  I heard a lot more than I could
work.  But I did get a new country on 160, CE, thanks!  Back here in the
states, I missed three states - NE, KL7, and KH6, as well as a few VE provinces
that are usually easy, such as SK.  Not sure where they were, but never heard
them.  I always have a problem with NE.  I also had other distractions which
kept me out of the seat too long.