[3830] CQ160 CW NI1N Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 28 22:49:56 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NI1N
Operator(s): NI1N
Station: NI1N

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: VA

Total:  QSOs = 879  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 64  Total Score = 351,247

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I didn't do much at all Friday night except some very casual s&p.  That's about
all I had planned to do, but Saturday night it started feeling like fun.
Around 0500Z on the 2nd night I started being a bit more serious and actually
did some running.  A bit late, but still fun.

Much of the time I was operating I was also chatting over the telnet cluster
with Jim, WX3B, who sure knows what to say to keep me in my chair!  Everytime
I'd reach a goal and tell him I was going to stop for a bit, he'd come back
with a comment like "ok, that'll give me some time to catch up".  That's all I
need to hear to stay in my chair :)

I wish I had been serious enough from the start to give W4MYA and N4BAA some
competition for VA.  Maybe next year!

This was my first 160m contest with several new RX antennas: 600' beverages in
8 directions and an RX 4 square.  They sure made a difference in the ability to
both pick up the weak ones and null the QRM.

73,
Tom, NI1N