[3830] CQ160 CW DL8SCG Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 29 10:53:10 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: DL8SCG
Operator(s): DL8SCG, DL4SDW
Station: DL8SCG

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Backnang

Total:  QSOs = 814  State/Prov = 25  Countries = 65  Total Score = 355,590

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Equipment:

FT 1000 MP + PA
Inverted L (15m vert. + 27m hor.)

Due to a case of illness in Bernd`s family, we were not able to drive to
Luxembourg and activate LX7I this year. We decided to participate at Bernds
QTH, so he could look after his fresh operated wife and also do contesting in
the nights.
At friday we have built in an hour a "poor man's antenna" for 160m, a
Inverted-L with 15m vertical and 27m horizontal and some short radials. We were
very surprised, how good this antenna has worked. Of course this was no
"wonderpiece" but we were able to reach nearly everything we've heard.

CU soon in the next contest...

73 de Jürgen, DL4SDW