[3830] CQ160 CW S53F(@S52AW) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 29 13:10:45 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: S53F
Operator(s): S53F
Station: S52AW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Krsko

Total:  QSOs = 1319  State/Prov = 41  Countries = 84  Total Score = 967,750

Club: Belokranjec CC

Comments:

Thanks to Drago (S52AW) for letting me use his location one more time. The
agreement before the contest was MULTI OP, and since Drago had no time, he
allowed me to use SINGLE OP   provided I achieve some good results. In have
succeeded to do just that as I exceeded the Slovene record of 250k points. To
achieve such a result I had to work hard even before the contest itself. I had
to climb  a 65 m high tower so that I could attach inv “V” antenna.
The beginning of the contest were nice. A few hours over 100 QSO/h.
In the morning nice opening to NA and some stations from SA. The highest point
of the competition was happening on Sunday evening with some nice opening to
east. .(ZL6QH, YE1ZAT, 9N7JO, DU9/N0NM, VK6VZ/6, XU7ACY, YC0LOW, VR2BG, BA4DW,
9M2AX)  were coming one after another with clear signals. To sum it up, it was
one of the best competitions I have done so far.
Another thanks goes to Slavka (Drago’s wife) for looking after me and for
making me coffee.

ANT: Inv V @65m + 2 x beverages 270m
RIG: FT 1000 mp markV

73 de Vinko S53F