[3830] CQ160 CW VE9DX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 30 00:09:22 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE9DX
Operator(s): VE9DX
Station: VE9DX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 12 +/-

Total:  QSOs = 553  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 33  Total Score = 254,527

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Worked all the lower 48 + DC - VE 1 2 3 5 6 7 9 VO1 VY2 + 33 countries which
included Hawaii.  Heard 2 KL7's but I just don't have enough smoke to make the
grade.
Spent most of my time above 1.850 where there was more space available for my
little station.
Most interesting contact was PC5M who I worked and less than a minute later I
heard the qso repeated on the internet.  Actually my 30 watts didn't sound all
that bad...! Spent quite a bit of time listening to PC5M on air and over the
net.
KO7X (WY)was the last state in the lower 48 and was qso number 500.
Was missing my own mult until the last few minutes when VE9WH got on.  Think up
til then I was the only NB on.
I guess spotting on the cluster has its good and bad points.  At one point I
had a huge pileup.  In checking today the spot history, I was spotted as
VE8DX.
Now I know why so many tried to work me a second time.  When one runs low power
like me, it keeps me going.
Most of the time my contesting operating is not serious - do a lot of S & P.
Just out for a good time (and to provide the mult)  I am not out to win.  Hope
I did indeed help some with the mult.
Logs uploaded to LOTW already with 113 matches already.
Thanks to all that called.  Guess next for me will be ARRL DX CW.
73 Andy (VE9DX)