[3830] CQ160 CW W5MX Single Op HP

Bryan Bydal bydal at adelphia.net
Wed Jan 31 22:20:06 EST 2007

CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kentucky

Total:  QSOs = 1271  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 48  Total Score = 366,124

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:
Great contest!

The well seemed to run dry of W/VE late Saturday evening. Better
opening to EU from here early Sun AM, EU sunrise than Sat AM.
Actually had a small "run" going for a while. Sure wish I lived
closer to the East coast, would help with the DX Q's and mults. I
could hear quite a few stations that couldn't hear me.

Seemed to have best luck on transmit and recv with the E-W
(broadside)full size loop.

Tnx to all for the Q's in the contest! CU all again!

Bryan
W5MX

Kenwood TS870
AL-800H
Inverted L, 105ft vertical
Full size vertical loops, N-S and E-W. Both vertically polarized.