[3830] RAC Day ZC4LI SOAB/CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 2 05:24:37 EDT 2007

                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: ZC4LI
Operator(s): STEVE
Station: ZC4LI

Class: SOAB/CW HP
QTH: ESBA  CYPRUS

  160:  000    000      000       000
   80:  000    000      000       000
   40:  017    000      001       000
   20:  761    000      009       000
   15:  098    000      001       000
   10:  004    000      000       000
    6:  003    000      000       000
    2:  000    000      000       000
Total:  883    000      011       000  Total Score = 25,344

Club: ESBA

Comments:

SO1R

Antenna:-  C/Craft A3S @  50ft  Titanex  160HD
Amp:-      ACOM-1000
Rig:-      ICOM-756 PROIII

Thanks to the organisers and to everyone for the Q's.

I started off with the intention of doing SOSB 20M CW only,
but after 6.5 hours I reread the rules and noticed that there
is no SOSB CW category so I reverted to SOAB CW Only.
The idea of doing SOSB 20m was so that I would stand a chance
of getting close to the maximum number of 13 mults, that being
the best band into VE land for me at this time. As it turned
out I was correct in my thinking as I only managed 1 mult on 15
and another 1 on 40 to give me a grand total of 11 !!!!! ah well
better luck next year.

Condx on 10/15/20/50 were ok, but the low bands were dire.

Best hour was 95.

GRIPES:-
Please listen on freq for a while b4 tuning, sending imi imi imi
or QRL.
I lost count of the number of times a QSO was wiped out by these
activities.

73 and hope to cu in the next one,  Steve.