[3830] RAC Day VE7NH SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 2 22:08:13 EDT 2007

                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE7NH
Operator(s): VE7NH
Station: VE7NH

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: PENDER ISLAND

  160:    1      0       0         0
   80:   41      0       8         0
   40:  101      0       8         0
   20:  324     47      10         8
   15:    0      0       0         0
   10:    0      0       0         0
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  367     47      26         8  Total Score = 77,044

Last week in the ARRL FD Test, I worked 24 hours straight thru' on CW for
a club, and only had 512 contacts.  This week in the RAC I only worked 10 hours
and had 514 contacts.  Too many stoppages, such as, favourite TV soaps,
FIFA U-20 World Cup Football, a round of Golf, and sleep.  Worst of all
was the heavy Power Line Noises as is usual here.  Band condx were not
very good at all.  I started out with 10 Watts, but finally had to turn it
up to 100 Watts when things got tough.  Some time I may be able to work the
full hours in some contest, but at 79 years of age, it will be tough.
Only had a few DX QSO's from Europe, but from Asia and Africa, nil.