[3830] RAC Day W6YX(KI6CCH) SOSB/20 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 5 18:57:40 EDT 2007

                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): KI6CCH
Station: W6YX

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: Stanford ARC
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5hr

   20:         133
Total:   0     133       0        11  Total Score = 10,582

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Operated as a Rookie for this event, tried a bit of S&P, found rates better when
calling CQ.
Had planned to start the contest Saturday, but was prempted by an event for a
fellow ham that upgraded.
Took in about 6.5 hours of steady operation.  20m sounded good early in the
day, the noise levels came up later and bands got a bit more crowded.
All in all, I had fun working the RAC Canada Day event, lots of friendly folks
made contact and wished us the best for our Independence day.
I'll do it again next year.