[3830] NCCC Sprint K5OT LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jul 13 06:58:11 EDT 2007

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jul 13

Call: K5OT
Operator(s): K5OT
Station: K5OT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

   80:  11      7
   40:  22     14
   20:  20     10
-------------------
Total:  53     31  Total Score = 1,643

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

A surprising evening.  20M at the start was really smoking, and I seemed to win
a higher-than-usual number of calling battles.  I worked the edges of the pack
and seemed to have a higher couplet success rate - but maybe that was just my
imagination??  Probably more like random luck. On 40M, conditions seemed even
better, but I had to work harder and longer than 2 weeks ago to keep the rate
going. The shocker was on 80M where I seemed to hear (and be heard) through the
QRN.  I set my pre-contest expectation at 5 or 6 Q's on 80M and doubled that
level.

N4OGW was a beacon here.  Only heard local NS stalwart N3BB once on the wrong
end of a couplet and never heard K7SS.

Larry K5OT..