[3830] IARU W3NX(N3NR) SO SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 15 08:40:09 EDT 2007

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W3NX
Operator(s): N3NR
Station: W3NX

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: DE

  160:           9      3       0
   80:          98     16      14
   40:         301     17      23
   20:         463     28      34
   15:          96     14       8
   10:          12      4       2
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     979     82      81  Total Score = 354,199

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Another fun one!

First I want to thank Art, N3DXX, for allowing me to use his great station as
well as the W3NX memorial callsign. It was really fun to operate from such a
well equipped station!

Second, I want to thank my wife Elena, and my kids, Nicholas, Victoria, and
Sophia for allowing me to devote a whole summer day to playing radio. They
always get a big part of the credit for my effort in this contest!

I almost met my goals for this contest! Had a phenomenal first hour... my best
ever in any contest at any station. After that things seemed to slow down
considerably. Not sure if it was conditions or what was happening (or if it was
the rush of the first hour coloring everything). Didn't really feel like things
were going well again until the afternoon. Europe seemed like a chore to work
on both 20 and 15. On the flip side 40 was fantastic! Thanks to all the
European agencies for finally allowing phone ops up to 7.2MHz. It was fun to
actually have European HQ stations calling me on 40! 80 was also good, but the
new band plan still has me befuddled for phone.

Another personal best score! This year provides a bunch of motivation to
upgrade the home station.

Catch everyone next year!

73 de Nick N3NR