[3830] IARU K0RC SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 15 15:14:13 EDT 2007

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K0RC
Operator(s): K0RC
Station: K0RC

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: ITU:07 (MN)

  160:    2      0      2
   80:   28      0     10
   40:  124     19     27
   20:  223    144     64
   15:   53     55     19
   10:   44     19     12
-------------------------------------
Total:  474    237    134      91  Total Score = 265,990

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Only three of the HQ stations I heard were not worked: YL4HQ-Latvia-20ph;
LX0HQ-Luxembourg-20cw/40cw; and R9HQ-Russia-20cw. Propagation was both good and
bad! Ten meters provided 63 contacts in 11 ITU zones but the path was confined
to North/South routes. The normal summer static made 160m unbearable and 80m
another challenge.

I was so tired Saturday night I forgot to work 80m phone! I probably lost some
easy contacts and zones. I staggered to bed at 04:30 UTC after 15 hours of
contesting. The dog woke me up around 08:30 UTC but I managed to avoid getting
up for another half hour. I got back on the bands about 09:45 UTC. The cluster
was full of 20m spots but the problem in MN was 20m not being open. I worked
the low bands on CW and caught all the early birds. I returned to 20m at 11:40
UTC and had my first contact on CW.

I enjoy the IARU contest because everyone gets to work everyone and there's
always interesting DX. It's also fun to find and work all the HQ stations. In
the 2007 IARU it was 90% S&P for me using the same old equipment (IC-756 +
IC-2KL + TH-11DX @ 22m).

73 de Bob - K0RC in MN