[3830] IARU W4SVO SO SSB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 15 16:43:53 EDT 2007

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W4SVO
Operator(s): W4SVO
Station: W4SVO

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: N.Fl.
Operating Time (hrs): 22hrs

  160:   0      10
   80:   0     107
   40:   0     161
   20:   0     246
   15:   0     105
   10:   0     215
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     844     74      68  Total Score = 232,596

I decided to go low power as I do not have the antenna hardware to compete with
the big boys., plus I new Jay, N4OX would be operating high pwr from N.Fl.
Anyway I used 4 wire antennas, two wire verticals(1-49' & 1-97'), plus I
designed a 10mtr. rectangular loop which I put up in the same tree as the two
wire verticals. It was at 35'. Then I made a 2el. horz. phased array for
20mtrs.,using 1/2 wave spacing, 180 degrees out of phased. This was at 40 feet,
in the same tree, off of some large branches. I am using an Omni 6 plus, 100
watts.Two hours into the contest I had to shut down because of thunder storms.
So that blew 15mtrs. I ended up breaking the low power phone record by W3LL, by
31,000 pts. Not bad for stealth antennas in downtown Ocala, Fl. Mark W4SVO. Cu
all from NQ4I in October!