[3830] IARU W5KFT(K5PI) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 16 11:51:53 EDT 2007

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W5KFT
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: STX

  160:    20    0       5        2
   80:   131    0      10        6
   40:   612    0      34       30
   20:   617    0      29       36
   15:   355    0      23       21
   10:   207    0       8        5
-------------------------------------
Total:  1918    0     109      100  Total Score = 1,200,914

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I had a good time this weekend – conditions were surprisingly good.  Ten
meters was open all Saturday morning, and it was a good solid opening all over
the US.  Fifteen was good for stateside all day, too.  I felt like I did pretty
well, but staying awake in the chair for 24 hours was tough!  You say there are
*48* hour contests, too!?

I never had any DX runs, really, except for 40M to JA.  The JAs were mostly
weak, as always, but I worked over a hundred of them for 5 points each.  Apart
from that, just about all the DX was the big stations.