[3830] NAQP RTTY W1UE/VE1 Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 22 08:22:47 EDT 2007

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: W1UE/VE1
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1UE/VE1

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NS

Total:  452   158  Total Score = 71,416

Club:

Team: SWACC #2

Comments:

Thanks to all that stayed with me.  I never could get MMTTY and N1MM to coexist
peacefully on the 90MHz Pentium I that I had available; MMTTY, in particular,
would either crash every 15 minutes or so, requiring me to close the digital
window, open the digital, close the digital window again, and open it again, or
I would get 46 error screens asking me if I wanted to report a "Type-Mismatch"
error that I would have to then close, one at a time, before I could do
anything else.  Still, I was pleased overall with coming close to my
pre-contest goal of 500 QSOs.

Condx stunk.  I never did hear W0YK on any band.  I did work W6YX on 15-20-40,
but only due to his passing his QSY frequency at my 1st QSO in the contest!  It
was nice to see 10 and 15 open somewhat, but it was also frustrating in hearing
the W4s run stations to the west that I couldn't even hear.

Pet peeve for this contest?  The LARGE number of stations that called off
frequency.  The AFC for MMTTY wasn't working, so I had to tune off-frequency
stations in with the RIT.  It seemed like I was constantly fiddling with the
RIT.  I have a Clear RIT command in one of my macros, so my RIT is cleared
after each QSO, but it appears that others haven't copied that.

All in all, a fun time!  Thanks for the Qs!

Dennis W1UE/VE1