[3830] NAQP RTTY N1MGO M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 24 07:42:10 EDT 2007

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: N1MGO
Operator(s): N1MGO, KT1I
Station: N1MGO

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: VT

   10:   10     5
-------------------
Total:  509   138  Total Score = 70,242

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Great fun!   We ran Field Day style, from a hunting camp in VT.  Found out that
the generator could not operate both stations at 100 watts, it would cause the
computers to reboot, so ran at 50 watts. That sure made 80mtrs interesting!
Was great to hear a lot of the usual calls for a RTTY contest, had not been on
the air for a while!
Name used: Bambi (from a hunting camp in the Green Mountains, what else!)
Equipment:  IC-756 P2, IC-7000, 80mtr dipole, 40mtr dipole and a G5RV type
multiband dipole, all hung from the trees around the camp.
Software: WriteLog, on a laptop and desktop networked togather.

All worked flawlessly, except the 1kw generator should have been at least
1.5kw.  Next time I will get more generator!

Thanks for all the contacts, and especially putting up with the weak signal on
80!

N1MGO - Gordon, and KT1I - Charlie  -- untill next year!  ( and no we don't do
VT in the winter!!)