[3830] CQWW VHF W5WVO SOSB/6 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 25 21:54:48 EDT 2007

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: W5WVO
Operator(s): W5WVO
Station: W5WVO

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: NM / DM65

Total:  136    63  Total Score = 8,568

No propagation from Albuquerque to ANY points west of here, including the PNW --
which is a real bummer, because I would have loved to have worked for one of
those KL7s coming in to WA to finish my 6M WAS! Sporadic-E was weak and very
spotty Saturday until 00:55Z, when things suddenly blew wide open with strong
double-hop into the east coast, especially 1-land. This opening ran gangbusters
for about 90 very hectic minutes, during which I managed about 120 Q's. Sunday
was a bust with no sporadic-E at all until Doug, VE5UF suddenly came booming in
from Saskatoon just a few minutes before the contest ended. He was the closest
thing to "West" that we got -- exactly dead North!

So for all intents and purposes, this was a 90-minute contest from Albuquerque
-- but it was a fun 90 minutes! And it was 90 more minutes than we got during
the entire ARRL and SMIRK contests in June, so I have nothing to complain
about. Ended up with 136 Q's, 63 multipliers, 6M only.