[3830] AlQP K4TD SOABCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 3 15:48:40 EDT 2007

                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Harvest, AL

  160:    0     0       0
   80:   25     0      16
   40:  108     0      44
   20:  161     0      54
   15:   33     0      20
   10:    2     0       2
---------------------------
Total:  329     0      66  Total Score = 43,428

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

First of all, I would like to thank all those from outside Alabama who turned
out to participate in this event.  Without your support this QSO party would
have been over before it even really got started.  I would also like to
congratulate the mobile operators for a great job.  While I couldn't always
hear you guys due to band conditions (especially on the higher bands), I could
hear others calling you.  Finally, I would like to thank the officers of the
Alabama Contest Group, especially Jim (KC4HW), for their efforts in
reinvigorating this event.  It appeared to me like everyone had a very good
time.

It seemed like Murphy took a special interest in Alabama this weekend, and my
QTH was no exception.  The event started out fairly smoothly, but by
mid-afternoon some local storm cells moved into the area.  According to NWS
radar data one of the cells moved by about 2.5 miles west of my QTH.  While we
got only a very slight amount of rain (which we desperately need), there was
plenty of cloud-to-ground lightening so I pulled the plug and waited for it to
clear the immediate area.  Evidently these were very slow moving cells as my
peak QRN level was horrible all evening.  The inteference from these cells
coupled with the background QRN from the thunderstorm activity in Texas, the
Midwest, and Florida made for very miserable times on 40 and 80 meters.  My
apologies to all those who had to repeat information to me multiple times.
Many of you had great signals, which, on a better evening, would have made for
a quick in-and-out QSO instead of the multiple repeat nightmare you had to
endure.  My thanks to those of you who stuck it out with me.

In reporting my score, I included the multipliers per band for analysis
purposes, but the total multiplier count was calculated in accordance with the
published rules.  My multipliers were:

States:  41 (including Alabama)
VE:       3
DX:       8
Ctys:    14
        ----
Total    66

Thank you again for the QSO's and the multipliers.

73,

Rick
K4TD