[3830] AlQP N4PN SOABMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 3 19:14:39 EDT 2007

                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: MACON,GA

  160:    0      0      0
   80:   18     55
   40:   58     36
   20:   19     19
   15:    0      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
---------------------------
Total:   95    110     82  Total Score = 24,600

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Had decided to go mobile in Alabama starting with Cleburne county which I
had just come thru on my way back to Macon on Friday. But, the weather was
looking like some rain (desperately needed) and decided I would head out to
Russell/Lee counties which are less than two hours away.
Got up early on Saturday morning and started getting everything in the car.
Then the rain came in buckets...great.
Changed my plans and decided to just take it easy from the home station.
40m was great at the beginning and after working that down, went to 20m
to see if I could snag a few on ground wave, flashing light, back-shatter
or something only to find stations all over Alabama 5/9plus..!! What a
shock - in a good way. What the heck..go for it...stay in the chair..
Missed Choctaw, Chambers, Cleburne, Clay (what's with all of the "C"
counties?), Escambia, Geneva, Lamar, Macon, Sumter and Winston. 57 out
of 67 counties...
Somone told me after pleading for Alabama stations on 40 SSB that he
thought I could find some stations on 3.965, so decided to give it a try.
When I got there, found James, KI4ACW, W4BXI and WK4J. Worked them for
new ones on 80 SSB and asked if there were any other Alabama stations on
the frequency..34 other stations called...!
Thanks for the usual faithful (mobiles) that make or break a state QSO
Party...
NY4N  - 18 Q's
KN4Y  - 13 Q's
K4ACG - 11 Q's
K4A   -  7 Q's
Thanks for Jim, KC4HW (not sure where you were? at K4A?) but this QSO
Party is finally getting there with your promotion and hard work.
I will be happy to sponsor a plaque for the AQP next year.
73, Paul, N4PN

FT1000MP/AL1200 - 1kw
Hygain TH-5 @ 70'
Alpha-Delta Dipole @ 65'