[3830] ANARTS ZM2B(ZL2BR) SOST HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 11 05:19:00 EDT 2007

                    ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: ZM2B
Operator(s): ZL2BR
Station: ZL2BR/ZM2B

Class: SOST HP
QTH: New Plymouth

   80:
   40:  141   4703    42
   20:  157   5790    46
   15:   28    867    16
   10:
--------------------------
Total:  326  11360   104  Continents = 6  Total Score = 7,092,640

The first few hours had the best conditions, after that it just went from very
poor to just about nil propagation, like only 10 contacts in the last four
hours. Score down on last year.

It seems to me that every year some folk comment or gripe that they didnt work
any or hardly any VK stations. Well there were at least 9 VK stations active,
and most of the time they were just like me, calling and calling and not
getting much response. The question from this part of the world would be, where
were all the DL EA F G GM GW HA HB LZ ON OH PA SM SP YU etc etc, only managed to
work 3 in Zone 14 and 15 in Zone 15. And only one, yes just a single NA station
on 15m, N7QQ.

On the plus side, worked 60 JA, which is 15 more than last year and got a nice
surprise call from J39BS for a new one on RTTY.

My thanks to Colin VK2CTD and the ANARTS crew for keeping this contest going,
it is appreciated. It is after all one of only a few contests that really
attempts to level the playing field for all contestants no matter where they
are located in the world.

Rig TS2000, AL80B, 40m GP, HF tribander.

73, Frank ZL2BR