[3830] ARRL June VHF N5LZ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 11 09:29:16 EDT 2007

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: N5LZ
Operator(s): N5LZ
Station: N5LZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Utah
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  17     11
    2:   3      3
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  20     14  Total Score = 280

Poorest propagation conditions that I can recall in over 25 years of VHF
contesting!  Virtually no 6 meter Es propagation except for an extended opening
to VE6 (where there were very few stations to work) and a couple short bursts
into Oregon and Washington.  Despite the poor conditions, I did spend much more
listening and CQing time than I should have.  Most of the time was spent
listening to two nearby mountaintop operations camped on 50.125 mhz,
intermittently CQing, sometimes on a clear frequency, sometimes on top of one
another, sometimes just jumping on top of me, and sometimes pouncing on top of
other weak stations I was trying to copy, and they rarely strayed away from
50.125!   The highlight of the contest for me was when the mountaintoppers
finally gave up and went QRT Sunday afternoon….whew!.   Not sure if I’ll be
back next year … but maybe?