[3830] ARRL June VHF K2DBK Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 11 09:49:42 EDT 2007

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K2DBK
Operator(s): K2DBK
Station: K2DBK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN21

    2:   20     5
  222:
  432:    9     3
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  132    36  Total Score = 5,076

Club: 10-70 Repeater Assn

Comments:

The bands were flat for the most part, aside from an opening early Sunday
morning that I missed by sleeping in. Oops. I did work a little bit into a
couple of EM5x grids later on Sunday, but the openings were really short, just
enough for a QSO, then gone. I heard folks speculating that it might have been
via MS, but I was glad to get something outside of the local grids.

I did manage to work VP5KE, but the most fun thing that happened was when 4U1UN
called me (thanks Bernie!). Of course, in this contest, 4U1UN is just another
not-rare grid for me (FN30), but it was fun getting called by them.

I have to say "thank goodness for the voice keyer"! I use the N1MM logger, and
having the voice keyer in there was a lifesaver. Aside from the fact that I
woudn't be able to speak today otherwise, it let me putter around on another
computer while waiting ... and waiting .... and waiting ... for a response. I
think my worst full-hour was when I worked a grand total of 3 stations in that
hour. Oh well.

I guess last year was a real spoiler for me, but I think that I wound up doing
reasonably well this year considering the conditions. There's always next time!