[3830] ARRL June VHF K4LY Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 11 10:26:47 EDT 2007

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K4LY
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM85wb

  903:    6     4
  1.2:   17     8
  2.3:    4     2
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  313   129  Total Score = 59,082

Club: Carolina DX Assn

Comments:

First contest using my new call- K4LY, after operating VHF contests since 1958
with previous calls W0AH, W2CRS, K1UGQ, WB2LNA, W3IFA.  Got 903 and 2304 going
just before contest.  Saturday was poor, very dry, with high line noise and no
e-skip.  Sunday was a little more humid with less line noise, still flat
conditions, and just a couple of short E-skip openings.  Completed all three
skeds on 2M only.  Without the hoped for E-skip, I had plenty of time for
additional skeds and went well over an hour calling CQ Sunday afternoon without
a contact!. Still need to upgrade my modest 5 el 6M and 4 el 222 antennas. Lots
of excellent examples of good operating techniques and behavior from the
fraternity!  Thanks for all the Qs.  CU in the CQ VHF.  Will have 3456 and 10
GHz by the August UHF test.
Doug  Windmill Hill Inman SC