[3830] ARRL June VHF N0HF Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 12 11:27:32 EDT 2007

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: N0HF
Operator(s): N0HF
Station: N0HF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Boulder, CO

    6:  41     13
    2:  30     10
  222:
  432:  14      4
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  85     27  Total Score = 2,646

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Sure wish 6m was in better shape, the prior weekend I logged 32 new grids and 18
new states. Mostly a S&P effort here, making sure I worked the locals on all the
bands I was running.  I really like the way the calling freqs are used, everyone
was patient in sharing any new mults or callsigns with those who needed them.
Over the past few weeks I've been working on station upgrades, new feedline to
the VHF/UHF antennas (Belden 9913)and computer interfacing with my FT100D rig.

I'm realizing that an incredible amount of time and labor is needed to succeed
competitively in this (an other) contests, amps, large yagis, hardline, etc,
but with modest means one can surely have a great experience too, as I did.
The only downside is missing the E opening before the contest ended.

Great efforts by W0EEA and W0KVA who are the top multi-op competitors around
here. Thanks to the rovers also... KR0VER, W0GSQ, WY0X, K0NR, WV0H, and a few
others I can't think of.

Most distant contact was with a VE5 and VE7. I'm sure better antennas, rigs,
using a preamp and kW would have only helped.  Something to pursue for sure.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts.

'73 Dan N0HF DM79 (between Boulder and Lafayette, CO)

Rig: FT100D  6/2/432 100W/50W/25W
N1MM logger with rig control
3 ele 6M yagi @50'
3 ele 2m yagi @44'