[3830] ARRL June VHF KY5R Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 13 12:05:50 EDT 2007

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: KY5R
Operator(s): KY5R
Station: KY5R

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM64

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  126    69  Total Score = 8,694

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Well I started off for single band 6mtr effort but for naught. Lost use of 7el
6mtr yagi up 80ft due to some moisture somewhere at the antenna. Climbed tower
in 92f and ckd feedline OK but antenna NG. Then later in the evening started to
listen to 2mtrs. Bingo had tropo opening to the north and northeast. Got all
excited and spent most of the evenong looking fer grids on 2mtrs. Sunday
morning I plugged up a 5el 18ft boom  6mtr yagi at 15 ft (armstrong rotor) just
in time to catch a brief opening to W1/2. Also caught an opening later in the
afternoon to W0 in the "Heartland" for a few more q's and grids.

Couldn't work many grids on 6mtrs via groundwave due to low antenna and not
much attention getting signal during Es with low power. Oh well allways Sept
for sure. TNX fer the q's/grids and see you in September.

Great to see the likes of K4XR the "power house of EM64" do well.

  Tim, KY5R