[3830] ARRLDX SSB WB8JUI SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 4 20:26:29 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    6     6
   80:    4     3
   10:    5     4
-------------------
Total:  336   149  Total Score = 150,192

Conditions were poor Friday night and Saturday morning.  At least for those of
us running 100 watts...  I packed it in for the night with only 9 QSOs in the
log, and got 9 hours sleep.

160, 80, and 10 were all a disappointment, netting a total of only 14 QSOs and
13 multipliers combined.  I resisted the temptation to fire up the old Dentron
amplifier.

Best comment of the contest came from KH6SH.  After asking for a repeat of my
call, he stated, "Oh sorry, I didn’t recognize you without your vibroplex..."
 Give me a CW contest any day!

Thanks to all for the QSOs.

73 – Rick WB8JUI