[3830] ARRLDX SSB K4TD SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 4 22:09:04 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:

Total:  619   259  Total Score = 480,963

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

What an interesting experience this contest was at my QTH.  On Wednesday (prior
to the contest) I detected that I might be coming down with a "bug."  On
Thursday (prior to the contest) one of my Alpha 87a amps failed.  On Friday
evening during the contest one of my Ten-Tec Orions failed.  On Saturday this
area experienced 45+ MPH winds out of a clear blue sky forcing me to park the
tower and wait them out.  I secured due to WX around 2000Z on Saturday and took
a nap until 2355Z.  I woke up to find at that time, due to the "bug," that my
voice had completely failed, and I couldn't even talk.  I decided to pull the
plug and sleep.  About 2000Z on Sunday, I felt well enough to get back into the
frey a little bit.  I'm glad I did because there was a very good Sunday
afternoon opening to JA on 15M that I enjoyed very much.  In fact, two or three
of the JA 15M signals registered S9+30dB here.  It has been quite some time
since I have heard signals that loud from that part of the world here in
Alabama.