[3830] ARRLDX SSB N1FD(@WB1ADR) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 4 22:31:54 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1FD
Operator(s): WB1ADR KA1ARB
Station: WB1ADR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NH

   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1226   302  Total Score = 1,110,756

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Both of us prepared for this contest by sleeping for two hours on Thursday
night.  We then focused ourselves on Friday by finishing tower and antenna
upgrades until 23:30Z.  Special thanks to Rex, K1HI and Ed, K2TE, without whom
we'd still be on the tower.  Added two more yagis and a K1NQ stack match to the
tower, a 160 inverted-L, a 3-el 80 m vertical array, plus a temporary beverage.
All in a freezing deluge of rain.  Note to self - leave time for debugging
before the contest next time.  That will save Lee, WB1ADR, from getting RF
burns mid-contest.  We did get everything operational by 23:00Z on Saturday.
Major upgrade for next contest at Rob, KA1ARB's insistence - buy a keyboard
larger than 8 inches wide.

Who turned the noise generator off on the low bands?  Boy, were they QUIET!
But they must have accidently knocked the plug out for 10 meters as well.  We
heard next to nothing.  Couldn't run 40 meters like last year, and 20 was a
slog all weekend.  Finally got runs going on Sunday morning on 15 and then on
20.

Thanks for all the Q's-

73,
   Rob, KA1ARB and Lee, WB1ADR