[3830] ARRLDX SSB KC5R SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 4 23:32:17 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KC5R
Operator(s): KC5R
Station: KC5R

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: LA

Total:  211   124  Total Score = 78,492

Just playing around. My tower had a cabling defect that still has not been fixed
by the manufacturer (Heights Tower), so I have to rely on the old wire antennas
for the past few months. Nothing like getting back to basics (shouting).

80 meters was the quietest I've seen in a long time. Worked some nice stuff
with my 160 mtr windom. 15 was also in good shape here. Caught VQ9LA for a new
one. Managed to work PJ2T and 8P1A on all 5 bands. Only worked 1 Asian station,
JA on 20, and only worked KH6 on 80-15 in Oceana.

With any luck, I'll get my beams back up in the air in March for the next
rounds. -Al