[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3NE SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 4 23:40:20 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3NE
Operator(s): VE3NE
Station: VE3NE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Toronto

  160:   4      4
   80:  32     26
   40:  23     19
   20:  15     12
   15:  20     13
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  94     74  Total Score = 20,868

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Late Thursday evening and early Friday morning we had freezing rain and high
wind. The combination of the two is never good. Did not check my antennas
Friday morning before went to work but I had a bad feeling. Came home early and
I saw from a distance that my 5 band Vertical (using it for 80 /40) was missing
and the yagi's driven elemen as well. I did not know at that time but the 160
antenna was down too. I left with no antennas at all..that sucks..:-) I just
hate when my antennas are not working.  Fixed up the vertical as much I could
in the -10 C wind. Checked ten meters a few times but it was empty. 40 and 80
meter sounded way better then in the last few months.
Hope to put back my antennas for the WPX.
73

Lali  VE3NE