[3830] ARRLDX SSB K3CR(LZ4AX) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 5 02:58:04 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3CR
Operator(s): LZ4AX
Station: K3CR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WPA

   20: 1049    93
Total: 2038   346  Total Score = 2,115,444

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Had forgotten what it was to do a phone contest when low bands stink. The
station performed flawlessly, only messed up the voice keyer setup before the
contest and ended up "unplugged" most of the time. The lubricating liquid I'm
taking right now  seems to help though.
The new band allocation on 80 seem makes it much easier there but it also
creates a lot of confusion too. At least I couldn't get any run going below
3750. Heard a lot of people CQing down there but just CQing. Tried the opposite
thing on 20 but didn't get many responces below 14150 either. And it was tough
up there. Apologies to all of you who wondered what exactly have I stucked in
my ears. Hopefully it's not going to be the same in two weeks.

Thanks to WA3FET for letting me operate his station again.

73, Alex LZ4AX