[3830] ARRLDX SSB OL3R(OK1VWK) SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 5 05:56:17 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: OL3R
Operator(s): OK1VWK
Station: OL7R

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Stribro

Total:  530    54  Total Score = 85,860

Some contest effort on 20m started Sunday evening at 16:08Z, after previous
completation main job on the OL7R contest QTH. Main job was prepare 15m and
some mods on K9AY loop. I have wanted to leave our QTH but signal levels on 20m
from state side were good. Too late for serious participation. I desided to stay
there. First time used new Heil headset with active noise canceling system. It
seems that QP technology really improves listening, together with NR DSP
function its fantastic. Lot of stations were copied thanks this. Congrats also
for Vendy,OL9R to his nice score on 40m from second workplace in the same QTH.

Equipment:
Kenwood TS870(modified)+Heil QP4 headset
PA 2xSRS457
5el.OWA at 20m