[3830] ARRLDX SSB N3RS M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 5 20:57:46 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RD, N3ED, N3DXX, N3NA, N3RS, W8FJ, WA3LRO
Station: N3RS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: EPA

   20: 1944   123
   15:  729   107
Total: 3693   463  Total Score = 5,126,799

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

After missing the CW portion of this year's ARRL DX Contest due to my mother's
death, we did manage to put together more than half of the team from 1977, when
we won the M/M CW contest.  The op's then were N3RS, N3RD, WA3LRO, WA3FFR (now
K1PT) and W3IFG (now W3XU).  The conditions were much different this time
around, but we still have the fire that we had back then.  This was our 30th
anniversary and we were delighted to get the old team back together.  Addition
of Art, N3DXX; John, W8FJ (now a regular) Ed, N3ED (also a long time member)
and Nick, N3NA rounded out a team that kept the seats and amps warm.

Conditions on Friday evening and most of Saturday were terribly poor, but we
had no noise to cope with.  The second day brought warmer weather and line
noise that sporadically messed up some nice runs on 15M and 40M.  All in all,
the conditions on Sunday were much better than Saturday and we managed to
double our QSO count on the second day.

Congrats to KC1XX for the FB M/2 effort, although we were not happy to see them
slide "down" to our class.  Our thanks to all who called in to give us a point.
Also thanks to those who spotted us on the DX cluster.  We could tell when that
happened.  Some very nice runs on each band.

All the equipment worked well and we had very few glitches with N1MM.  See you
in the CQWW SSB test.

73 de Sig, N3RS

P.S. Dave, N3RD, and I have been doing this for a L O N G time!